Shout-out to all the families taking trips to apple orchards and pumpkin patches during this fall season. These outings are priceless, creating wonderful family memories. Family trips provide first hand experiences and enrich your child’s overall learning as well as increasing your child’s oral language development and their vocabulary. The kids have fun and as a bonus it's a break from the ever-present electronic devices!
You’ve all heard those cries – “Too Much TV!” “Too Much Candy!” “Too Much Time With Electronic Devices!” Well there’s no such thing as “Too Much Reading!” So this Halloween let your kids Binge On Books! Here’s a list of book titles from Scholastic Website to get you started:
HALLOWEEN BOARD BOOKS FOR TODDLERS:
1. Spooky Pookie by Sandra Boynton
2. Ollie’s Halloween by Olivier Dunrea
3. Where Is Baby’s Pumpkin? by Karen Katz
4. Peek-a-Boo! By Nina Laden
5 It’s Pumpkin Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff
6. Boo! by Leslie Patricelli
7. 10 Trick or Treaters by Janet Shulman
8. Mouse’s First Halloween by Lauren Thompson
Halloween Titles – school-age (K-2):
- Inside A House That Is Haunted by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
- Here Comes Halloween by Caroline Jayne Church
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bat! by Lucille Colandro
- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- Ghosts in the House! By Kazuno Kohara
- The Runaway Pumpkin by Kevin Lewis
- Halloween Day by Anne Rockwell
- 10 Trick-or-Treaters by Janet Schulman
- Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman
HAPPY HALLOWEEN and don’t forget to pick out your favorites from the Halloween loot! (I’m sure my Hubby and I aren’t the only ones that went through our kid’s bags looking for M&Ms or PNut Butter Cups).
See you next Wednesday!